Monday, May 11, 2015


VISIONS OF LOGANSPORT
By LHS Students – Spring, 2015

Last Month, readers on the Face Book Page, “Remember When In Logansport” gave their answers to two questions:
1.     What do you remember as the greatest things about Logansport when you were growing up here?
2.     If you could look into the future and see Logansport in 2025 or 2035, what would you hope to see?

Their answers were so interesting that we asked the same questions of current students at LHS.  I want to share portions of the answers from the first four to respond.  I believe it will make a lot of you very proud.

Jessica ThompsonThe greatest thing about growing up in Logansport is the close-knit community.  The loving atmosphere here in town provides a sense of comfort to all who travel through our small, yet beautiful city.  The people here are involved and concerned for the well being of one another; they take pride in our small town and work diligently to keep it clean and safe.  The love that each community member exudes is infectious.  Logansport is a small town with a big heart.  There is no other place I would rather have grown up than Logansport, Louisiana.

Emily LaengerThe greatest things that I remember about Logansport when I was growing up were the nice people, parades, and living near the river.  For example, I can vividly envision myself standing on the side of the road by my parents as a young child, waiting for the Mardi Gras floats to pass by so I could catch beads and candy.  It was an exceptional place to live and grow up because of the nice people that surrounded me, and the many fun times.

Megan HolmesGrowing up in Logansport has given me great opportunities that would simply be impossible to list one by one.  However, some of my fondest memories as a child include the traditions I partook in.  Participating in the homecoming and Mardi Gras parades is something I will never forget.  This is a time where the whole town comes alive and it’s a blast!  Something else that sticks out to me is the long lasting friendships we will have because our town works almost like a very large family.  The same friends that we took pictures with in our kindergarten graduation robes will also be in our high school graduation pictures; I believe that is something very sweet and unique.

Faith McFaddenTwo of my most memorable moments in Logansport would definitely have to be going to the River City Fest and going to the river on the Fourth of July to watch the fireworks.  Last year, I was fortunate enough to attend the RCF and get the full carnival experience, and it was amazing.  Having it in Logansport makes it way better than having to travel to Shreveport or some large city.  Most of the people there already know each other.  I could either eat at the carnival or walk only a few steps to Big Zach’s; and it offered more than just the carnival experience because I could compete in contests or shop if I liked.  Also, I loved going to the river on the 4th of July.  The fireworks were breath taking and you’re able to see most of your friends there, too.  Logansport is a great town to live and grow up in because nearly everyone here is so welcoming and treats you like you’re their own.  I recently attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting, and was able to meet quite a few people involved in our community.  They were very open with allowing us to attend and were very motivating which makes me take much pride in my town.


No comments:

Post a Comment